Jonny Evans has a great list of all the improvements Apple made to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Examples?
With newly introduced book creation tools in Pages, Apple also just made it possible for groups of students to work together on book projects, and for educators to create books for students from inside Pages in iWork.
- View pages side-by-side as you work
- You can format documents as two-page spreads
- Add an image gallery item so you can create galleries on one page (also available in Keynote)
- Master pages for consistent design
- New doughnut charts (also available in Keynote and Numbers)
- A range of new editable shapes to place in Pages projects (also available in Keynote)
- Automatic fraction formatting
- File size reduction tools. (also available in Keynote and Numbers)
- Numbers also gains improved customizable import of CSV and text data, including support for custom delimiters and fixed-width files. Finally, Numbers also gets full bidirectional support for Arabic and Hebrew.
Not bad for free.