Just as Christmas decorations should not be allowed before Halloween or Thanksgiving, new iPhone rumors should not be allowed until the year the phone is expected to be shipped; maybe like 90 days beforehand. Kelly Sheridan:
Industry watchers are expecting some major changes in the 2016 iPhone. The S-branded upgrades, which are usually minor, brought 3D Touch, 12MP camera with 4K video, A9 processor and CAT 6 LTE. The latest iPhones are powerful, yes, but the iPhone 7 is predicted to deliver more drastic changes.
Really? How is that statement a change from the previous generations? It’s not. The Top 5 Rumors:
- Much thinner design (it cannot possibly be ‘much’ thinner)
- 3.5-mm headphone jack eliminated (Apple needs the extra millimeter it saves)
- Waterproof design (I see a few support problems coming)
- No home button (just a button somewhere on the glass screen)
- Wireless charging (but plugin charging will still be available, right?)
Why have any buttons at all? Why not touchscreen for Home button, Touch ID, power on and off, mute, volume, wireless headphones, and wireless charging? Maybe in iPhone 36.