This never gets old. Chris Cillizza on Trumps ‘hero’ comment.
Trump has spent the last 48 hours insisting he didn’t say what he said (and didn’t mean what he meant) about McCain. The goal, of course, is to muddy the water enough that his gaffe doesn’t look so bad or, more importantly, hurt him as badly as it should among Republicans.
Cillizza’s list of indisputable truths:
- Trump absolutely said he didn’t think McCain was a war hero
- Trump was trying for a laugh
- Trump is not a serious candidate
- That’s not the media’s fault
- Republican’s need to get away from Trump
- Trump will be in the debates (that’s a problem)
Just for the sake of the entertainment industry I hope Trump stays in the race until the Republican primary is over.