This happens after every Apple keynote where new products are introduced. Daniel Bean:
Apple used its Worldwide Developers Conference keynote to announce new features and services to its devices and software platforms. Of course, functions and features that appear innovative to Apple fanboys are sometimes old news to users of Microsoft and Google products. And this time around, Apple even managed to steal from itself.
Sigh. How is that even possible? The list:
- Public Transit in Maps (Google had it first)
- Multi-tasking Tablets (Bean lists Microsoft’s Surface, but that’s not really a tablet and, besides, Samsung did it before)
- PIP Video (Samsung)
- Contextual Searches (Google Now)
- Smarter Watch Faces (Android)
- Apple Music (Beats Music)
- Apple Music Connect (Apple’s Ping)
It’s a list as lame as they get.