This new feature shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who’s used the new Force Touch trackpad on the new MacBook, and both 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro models. Gordon Kelly:
For the uninitiated Force Touch was launched with the Apple Watch and has also now made it into the MacBook Pro range. It enables the screen (in the case of the Watch) or the touchpad (in the case of the MacBooks) to differentiate between the pressure of touches with stronger presses recognised as new commands or shortcuts.
What will Force Touch bring to iPhone and iPad?
- Pressure sensitive fast forwarding in media players
- One touch dictionary definitions when typing
- One touch new calendar entries in the Calendar app
- Instant dropping of new pins on Maps
- Burst mode camera shots
- Toggle between specific features in an app
Wanna bet how long it takes Samsung to copy the feature?