The top phone in the enterprise is Apple’s iPhone, and by a wide margin, yet someone came up with a ridiculous list of reasons why Amazon’s Fire Phone supposedly supports business. Matthew Miller:
Amazon’s Fire phone is now available to purchase and while it is targeted towards the consumer Amazon Prime experience, there is integrated enterprise support so you can bring the Fire to work.
This has to be the weakest list ever.
- MDM API: These APIs allow for integration with leading mobile device management (MDM) systems including AirWatch, MobileIron, Good Technology, and Fiberlink MaaS360.
- Device encryption: AES 128 bit key encryption of the data stored on the device using Exchange ActiveSync, MDM or the UI.
- VPN: Support for popular VPN clients via the Amazon Appstore.
- Office apps: Ships with an Office Suite application that lets customers view Office documents.
- Appstore: Many of the most popular enterprise apps, including Cisco, Intuit and Citrix are available in the Amazon Appstore.
Of course, Amazon Fire Phone listens to and watches where you are and what you do while you’re at work. That’s good for Amazon. How is that good for the business?