The always entertaining Ed Bott with six reasons why the Mac never made it in the enterprise.
- Enterprises run on Windows
- Macs are expensive, IT budgets are tight
- Office is a second class citizen on Macs
- Desktop PC isn’t dead
- Macs won’t manage themselves
- No long-term support from Apple
What about the post-PC era?
These days, of course, Apple’s efforts are focused on mobile devices. The iPad line outsold all Macs by a margin of better than five to one last quarter and is beginning to approach PC shipment levels. And Apple is quick to note that most enterprises are now allowing iPads inside the corporate network.
Apple’s iOS devices lead Android devices deployed in the enterprise by a two-to-one margin.