This is just strange. The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg created a strange list of drawbacks for Apple’s new iPad 2:
- Its cameras take mediocre still photos and Apple won’t even reveal their megapixel ratings
- The iPad 2 just barely exceeded Apple’s claimed battery life, dying after 10 hours and nine minutes. That’s 2.5 hours better than the Xoom did on the same test
- It can’t compete with the Amazon Kindle, or the smaller seven-inch tablets, if you’re trying to juggle it while standing in a crowded subway
- iPad 2 still won’t play Adobe’s Flash video in its built-in Web browser… and puts its devices at a disadvantage for some users when compared with Android tablets, which can play Flash, or say they will soon, albeit not always well
- The iPad 2 can’t use, or be upgraded to use, the new, faster 4G cellular-data networks being rolled out
It’s time for retirement, Uncle Walt.