MobileMe has been very solid and dependable for me most of the past year, but Jonny Evans in Computerworld thinks it needs saving. The problem?
Frequently-voiced MobileMe user complaints include patchy performace, unexplained outages, sync problems, slow image loads, difficulties uploading iWeb sites and more.
The solutions (my commentary in parentheses)?
- Make it free (this is Apple we’re talking about, right?)
- Hosted iWork and iLife apps (I like this idea for data, not apps)
- Better Gallery (comments and ratings are overrated)
- Increased capacity (more is always better)
- Contacts (more bells and whistles)
- Wireless Sync between devices (good idea)
- iMovie sharing (it’s called YouTube)
- Home (portable home directory)
- Ping (social media is two-way, Ping isn’t)