Mike Keller in PCWorld:
A few folks who weren’t able to get a reservation online even camped out on the Chelsea sidewalk (the first non-reserved iPhone 4 purchased was from a man who had been there four days).
What others in line said:
- I’m really sorry, I’ll be there soon… I’m, eh… stuck in traffic in New Jersey… I’m really, really sorry, boss…
- Oh, NOW they have ice cream!
- Hello everybody! I’m hiring for a tech company down the street. Does anybody here need a job? Anybody??? Come on, it’s 9am on a Thursday- somebody here needs a job.
- Anyone else feel like they’ve just arrived at the pearly gates?
- It’s going to be weird NOT to be in line. What are we going to do then?
#4 is spot on.