BGR reports that potential netbook buyers bought an iPad instead:
Retrevo has a new study out that suggests 1 in 3 potential U.S. netbook buyers opted for the iPad as opposed to the keyboarded alternative.
That was for actual purchases. For intended purchases, the report is more stunning:
Of those who were contemplating a netbook or iPad, 78% said they were leaning towards an iPad, while the remaining 22% said they were leaning more towards a netbook.
The trend is obvious. The iPad is the notebook of the future.